Umbraco Rapid Deployment

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Hiya,
I thought I would setup this thread to talk about the new Umbraco Rapid Deployment setup.

This worked much easier than the Azure Accelerator option, however here a few gotchya's/thoughts that I found whilst using this:

• The DB SQL scripts won't run unless a folder "Logs" is created at the root alongside bin, packed, sql etc...
    • I recommend that the next version of Rapid Deployment checks to see if this folder exits and creates it if needed (as there no mention of this in the PDF documentation)
  • The documentation does not mention that you need to have a DB called "umbraco" created on the SQL Azure server. I presumed the SQL scripts was going to automatically create the DB for me
  • After re-running the bat file I get an error when uploading the cloud drive to storage "A blob already exists at storage location 'https://mystorageaccount.blob.core.windows.net/azure-accelerator-drives/umbracodrive.vhd'"

A few thoughts:

• How do I upload any files into the website, that can't be done through the Umbraco admin UI such as CSS, JS and Masterpages
    • For example add a new folder called /images to the root of the site?
  • Is it possible to use the Rapid Deployment version to deploy an already existing Umbraco site running locally?
    • i.e: Deploy the local SQL DB and files into a VHD and set it up like this rapid deployment method

Thanks and looking forward for feedback/ideas etc...

Warren :)

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 9:42 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 9:50 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Feb 2, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I’m extremely interested in answer to Warren’s 2nd question:

“Is it possible to use the Rapid Deployment version to deploy an already existing Umbraco site running locally (i.e: Deploy the local SQL DB and files into a VHD and set it up like this rapid deployment method)?”

I would be grateful for any information

:-)

EwaB