Build Errors

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Whilst building the project I had  a few Errors pop up. I've posted them below:

Turns out because I stored the project in a folder with a space the build events failed.

WAT070 : The referenced assembly C:\Users\mabeeby\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\UmbracoAzureAccelerator\AcceleratorWorkerRole\bin\Debug\Microsoft.WindowsAzure.AcceleratorWorkerRole.dll was not found. Please make sure to build the role project that produces this assembly before building this Cloud Service Project.	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\Cloud Service\1.0\Visual Studio 10.0\Microsoft.CloudService.targets	345	5	AcceleratorService

REM xcopy C:\Users\mabeeby\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\umbraco\AcceleratorWorkerRole\..\Accelerator\*.* C:\Users\mabeeby\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\umbraco\AcceleratorWorkerRole\bin\Debug\Accelerator\ /e /y /q
if not exist C:\Users\mabeeby\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\umbraco\Publish md C:\Users\mabeeby\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\umbraco\Publish" exited with code 9009.	AcceleratorWorkerRole

I fixed the issue by surrounding the filelocations in the xcopy and exist command that are in the build events with Speach Marks.

Below is one of the build events in the standard project and beneth that is the altered Build Event that fixed the issue I had.

REM xcopy $(ProjectDir)..\Accelerator\*.* $(TargetDir)Accelerator\ /e /y /q
if not exist $(SolutionDir)Publish md $(SolutionDir)Publish

REM xcopy "$(ProjectDir)..\Accelerator\*.*" "$(TargetDir)Accelerator\" /e /y /q
if not exist "$(SolutionDir)Publish" md "$(SolutionDir)Publish"

I had to apply the speach mark fix to the AcceleratorWorkerRole and the AccelCon projects.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Hi,

I'm getting 23 build errors which look like they are stemming from what you have said above:

Error 30 WAT070 : The referenced assembly C:\Users\Owen Hope\Documents\work\UmbAccel\AcceleratorWorkerRole\bin\Debug\Microsoft.WindowsAzure.AcceleratorWorkerRole.dll was not found. Please make sure to build the role project that produces this assembly before building this Windows Azure Project. C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Cloud Service\1.0\Visual Studio 10.0\Microsoft.CloudService.targets 371 5 AcceleratorService Error 29 Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Owen Hope\Documents\work\UmbAccel\Accelerator\bin\x64\Debug\Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Accelerator.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Owen Hope\Documents\work\UmbAccel\Accelerator\bin\x64\Debug\Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Accelerator.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.". C:\Users\Owen Hope\Documents\work\UmbAccel\AccelCon\ResGen AccelCon Error 21 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Owen Hope\Documents\work\UmbAccel\Accelerator\bin\x64\Debug\Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Accelerator.dll' could not be found AcceleratorWorkerRole Error 20 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Owen Hope\Documents\work\UmbAccel\AccelCon\bin\Debug\AccelCon.exe' could not be found AcceleratorWorkerRole Error 19 The type or namespace name 'CloudStorageAccount' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Owen Hope\Documents\work\UmbAccel\Accelerator\Diagnostics\DiagnosticsSettings.cs 244 23 Accelerator

However I've modified the build events and I am still getting the same 23 errors. When I go and investigate where these .dll's are I find none.

 

This is a very frustrating problem, any help would be great.


Owen

Dec 31, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Hi martinbeeby, cheers for that info.

Hi OwenHope,

It seems like some references are missing. Open your solution, re-build, and then once the errors appear expand all your projects (AccelCon, Accelerator, AcceleratorWorkerRole) and then expand each respective "References", you'll probably note a whole bunch of references with exclamation points.

If you have installed the Azure SDK you should have these assemblies. Right click on each "References" folder and select "Add Reference", a window should appear; on the left hand side there will be an option called "Assemblies", click that and then an option called "Extensions" appear. Click that, this will populate the list of all available assemblies, from there scroll down until you start hitting Microsoft.WindowsAzure.* and click on the ones where there's an exclamation point in your solution explorer references list. You'll know you've properly referenced them by a green-circled checkmark beside the assembly name once clicked on. If these "Microsoft.WIndowsAzure.*" assemblies are not showing up, it's because you're missing the SDK. Install the SDK and repeat these steps if necessary.

I hope this helps,

All the best!

Nathaniel